SO everyone does these resolutions and goals in the new year. Even though it’s literally just another day, somehow changing the ending digit on our year is going to change who we are. Since I write a blog now and people like seeing other people’s goals, I figure I’ll go ahead and just make a list myself as well. So, here is what I would like to do in 2014:
1) Make more meals at home for my kids. I SERIOUSLY need to do this more. I love cooking, I just hate doing dishes. But I want my kids to know what nutritious healthy meals are like.
2) PLAN my meals and grocery shopping for at least a week ahead of time. Right now, I literally go through the store and grab random items that ‘look good’ and try to make a meal later. Not only do I screw myself on healthy meal ideas, but I also screw my budget that way too.
3) Stop making excuses for not exercising. I should be in much better shape than I am, but I’m not. So it’s time to fix that. I just HATE waking up early to workout. But it’s time to shut up and just do it. For reals
4) Blog more. I fail at blogging. It’s a true story. I get all these wonderful ideas, then just fail at executing them. I suck. I’m sorry. But it’ll get better. Maybe
5) Figure out who I am. That’s a big one. Right now I’m so focused on taking care of everyone else and what they want and need that I don’t even know who I am anymore. It’s not fun. And realizing that has hurt me. Deeply. But I’ve got big girl panties I can pull up and get to going on. SO, with that, I’m off to ‘find myself’.