Finally! I know I’ve been promising this review forever but it took me a couple of cycles to actually feel comfortable writing it. I wanted to make sure I gave it a fair chance.
(If you are one of my husband’s male students who I know stalks my blog, you’ll probably want to stop reading now. No, really. I promise you do).
So I have never ever in my life had any desire to try a Diva Cup or any other type of menstrual cup. I always thought it was gross and way too far into Crunchyland for me to venture. When I started blogging and started asking some of my blog’s Facebook fans what they wanted to see, I got an overwhelming response. A TON of folks wanted me to review and give away a menstrual cup! (Cue panicking blogger NOW). So, I bit the bullet and contacted Diva Cup, who agreed to let me try and give away a Diva Cup! Hooray 🙂 If you have no idea what a Diva Cup is, then check out their website at http://www.divacup.com
So, I got this thing in the mail and my first reaction was that the material it is made out of is a lot thicker than I imagined, which totally freaked me out. But, because I love you all, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Let me just say that the first cycle ended with me sending panicked e-mails to anyone I knew that had used it before (I’ll spare you the details, email me if you really must know). I swore I would never use this thing again and I couldn’t believe anyone else did. I spoke with a friend that uses one religiously and she convinced me to give it another month. So I did.
Month 2 was much better. I was much more confident with it, resulting in much less panicking. haha. It worked like a charm! I have definitely gotten over my heebie jeebies (because, let’s face it…how much less gross are the products you’re probably using right now?). I definitely recommend my mommy friends at least give this thing a shot (preferably for more than 1 cycle).Where can you get your own? Well, I’m giving away TWO of them on the Rafflecopter form below, or you can find a place to purchase one by checking out Diva Cup’s “Where To Buy” page. Here are some quick facts about the Diva Cup:
- 12 hour leak-free protection!
- Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability.
- Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colors and dyes.
- Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals.
- Features extra grip ridges for easier removal.
- Cleared for marketing by the US FDA and the Australian TGA and the only reusable menstrual cup allowed to be sold in Canada by Health Canada.
- Diva International Inc. is the only ISO 13485:2003 certifiedmenstrual cup manufacturer and head office in the world!
ENTER TO WIN YOURS, HERE!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*I was not paid for this review and was only provided a sample of the product to try.